Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Been a While

Hello! It's been a while since my last entry. I guess sometimes "life" just happens and eventually you realize that it's been almost a month since you've last posted on your blog. (BTW, please pardon any type-o's that may appear. I am in bad need of a new keyboard but Dr. Pepper comes first. I have my priorities.)

Anywho, we went to the store the other day and came home to find the cute little guy that you see pictured. He was heading up our driveway so it's amazing that I didn't smash him. Sure is a cute little red-eared slider turtle. Ok, so he wasn't that little. I'd guess he was a little bit smaller than your average dinner plate. I'm sure he was heading to my neighbor's cow pond but he wouldn't of made it.
You see, in between our driveway and my neighbor's pond is my fence and he was too big to fit through the squares in the fence. Hey, we've had bigger turtles here. Last year we had a snapper turtle. My horses were saying hi to him. Good thing no one got snapped because that dude was MAD!

Most of the turtles that I find get a free ride down to the creek. It's not far, and it gets them out of my hair. Of course, they have to take time out for a photo shoot before they're allowed to leave.

I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else :o) God sure has blessed us!




No comments:

Post a Comment