Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kind of a "blah" day

My mom's sick. We're not really sure what's going on but she keeps having these "spells" and we're pretty sure she's having seizures with these. Of course, she doesn't want to go to the doctor for tests. She's scared, and she has every right to be scared. She's 72 years old. If anyone reads this, could you say a prayer for her? Her name is Ruth. I'm going to try to talk her into going to the doctor this week. She's afraid to drive because she's afraid she'll "spazz out" while she's driving :o(

I made a peach cobbler yesterday. It was my first attempt but I think it turned out really well and it was super easy. I didn't get any pictures, sorry.


2 cans sliced peaches, 29 ounces each

1 white cake mix (supposed to use yellow cake, I had white)

cinnamon

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter


I lined the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with peaches (retaining the peach syrup in case I needed it later), put the cake mix on top and sprinkled cinnamon on top of that. I mixed it all up until moist (might need some of the peach syrup for more moisture) and sliced the stick of butter on top. I baked at 350* for about 40 minutes, until the top was brown. I admit it turned out really yummy and I intend to make a LOT more.


Here's a picture, though it has nothing to do with this post. It makes me smile every time I look at it, though. Hubby saw this truck a year or so ago and got the picture for me. Until next time, TW.

No comments:

Post a Comment